Buyer demand is at an all time high at the moment and top prices are being acheived on current sales in the area.
If you are thinking of selling now is the time, call us today for an obligation free appraisal.
Here are a number of tips to follow to ensure you achieve the maximum possible sale price for your property:
- Presentation is key – you don’t have to spend a great deal of time or money to make sure your home looks its best. A fresh coat of paint, well-tended gardens, minor repairs, professional cleaning and de-cluttering will make a big difference to buyers’ first impressions.
- Make yourself a checklist of all the things you need to do well in advance to ensure you’ve covered everything.
- Professional styling – this can be particularly beneficial for vacant properties to make them appear more homely and functional.
- Detail all of the inclusions or exclusions so that buyers know exactly what’s included in the sale i.e. light-fittings and window coverings.
- Get a building and pest inspection – this allows you to find out any problems that might turn off buyers and fix them where necessary. A clear report is a big plus when selling.
- Timing of sale – depending on the location and type of your property, it may be more beneficial to sell at a certain time of year. Ask your agent for advice.
- Method of sale – private treaty, auction and public tender are the three main options and each has its advantages for certain properties and in certain markets. Your agent will recommend a sales method they feel is most conducive to achieving the highest possible price for your property.